ElementL: Ghost Story
A downloadable game for Windows and Mac OS X
Update: Added Image Hands API with the help of Leap Motion
Requires Oculus Rift with Leap motion mount and Leap Motion controller.
You are a Taoist monk sent to rid a village of evil spirits haunting a nearby bamboo forest. Use your mastery of the elements to put them to rest in waves of increasing difficulty.
Toggle image pass through by batting the menu orb on the left
Start the game by batting the start orb in the menu
Headphones are recommended
- Right hand = Fire element.
- Left hand = Water element.
- Hold your palm up to collect your ki energy into a spirit ball of the corresponding element.
- Point your palm forward and push to throw the ball and attack enemies.
- Opposite elements deal more damage to enemies.
- Hold your hands apart and facing each other to combine both elements.
- Clap your hands together to release the energy around you to push enemies back and heal yourself.
- Throw both hands forward to launch the combined spirit bomb.
- Punch enemies that get close to push them back.
- Purified spirits will turn into flowers, you can briefly touch the flowers for a small amount of health.
If the game crashes on start up try one of the following:
- If using a DK1 you might need to open the oculus utility program for tracking to work.
If multiple hands appears for no reason or are inaccurate:
- Stand further away from reflective surfaces like walls and glass
- Don't stretch your arm out straight
- Keep your fingers in view of the leap motion (you can still charge shots at a slight angle)
- If the camera detects 2 duplicate hands wiggle your fingers a bit to fix it.
- Programming by Kevin Tsang
- Art by Julian Fisher
- Design by Vivienne Wu
- Audio from freesound.org
Click download now to get access to the following files: